If you or your parents are in a nursing home or assisted living facility, there is a good chance they are receiving benefits though the state’s Medi-Cal program. Medi-Cal insurance takes over for Medicare for qualified seniors who are in a facility for more than 60 days.

To qualify for Medi-Cal you must have minimal cash or cash equivalents at the end of each month. However you can still own a personal residence and qualify for Medi-Cal. While you are alive, the state will not do anything to your home no how matter how much Medi-Cal benefits you use. However, once you pass on, the state will put an estate claim on any assets that are subject to the probate process.

If you would like to find out how we can assist your family and help ensure that your family avoids any type of Medi-Cal lien please call Brian Chew at 949-347-5256 or fill out the contact us form.

How can I avoid the Medical Estate Recovery Lien for my home?